vw bobby

Engine cutting out

Hi all,

I just dropped a deposit for my new corrado with a 1.8t engine conversion. In there. I notices when I starts the car it starts fine and hold idle fine, as soon as I touch the throttle it was hesitating to hold and stay on and cuts out. I can start it back on no problem, although this car has been parked up for a 1.5years.

Any ideas what it would be?

All help really appreciated

Cheers

Bobby

Hi all,

I just dropped a deposit for my new corrado with a 1.8t engine conversion. In there. I notices when I starts the car it starts fine and hold idle fine, as soon as I touch the throttle it was hesitating to hold and stay on and cuts out. I can start it back on no problem, although this car has been parked up for a 1.5years.

Any ideas what it would be?

All help really appreciated

Cheers

Bobby

I had a similar problem with my Golf Gti (1.8t AUM engine) when I bought her. Had been sat for a few months prior to purchase, and she would randomly cut out, i think it was about 6 times on the journey home (40-50 miles).

I cleaned the air filter thouroughly and air intakes so she could breath properly first. Mates with more knowledge than me said possibly due to some sediment / blockage somewhere, possibly fuel... so in nuetral on the drive just kept trying to get the revs up and clear the suspected blockage.

After a about 15 - 20 mins of doing this she was fine and have no problems since. As soon as she was running I got a full tank and some of that redex in her.

Give the car a shake and wobble while she is stood, could be sediment in the fuel tank partially blocking over the fuel lines???

Thats about as far as my knowledge goes....fingers crossed someone else on here may be able to help further if the above doesnt....best of luck Bobby

I think I've read that sometimes the throttle bodies on the 1.8T can get "gummed up" as well but not sure if it would cause the problem you described?

Ian.

I'd certainly say get the fuel out and fresh in with a new fuel filter for sure.

I'd do a full service too and as above, remove throttle valve, clean it out and reset it's basic settings if the conversion has OEM management and diagnostics hopefully