deamon90002004

g60 power issues

hey all, im feeling like my g60 1991 just doesn't have the power it first had when i first got it, a couple months ago (yes i did go from a 1.6 golf driver 1990, so a bit of a jump) but on the way home, i had a vito van follow me down the a38 and i put my foot down and the van was keeping up with me, yet i've pulled away gradually in the past, same with some other cars recently, i've had to replace a fuel rubber going into the injector rail and a pipe coming out the other end into the sensor, and a vaccum pipe coming off the inlet manifold into the possibly the vaccum for the fuel rail?

last night i looked at all my fluids i went from having a max oil level to min in a couple months and gone very dark even after the top up, and my coolant is below where it has been over the last couple months too, i start the car and i get some white smoke (possibly water) coming out the exhaust (mainly cos it's cold) but when the engine is up to temp, i get a small misting of white cloud behind me when i put my foot down, the car is due a service at 111421 miles, and im not sure when the charger was last serviced, but all i know is the belt is 22mm wide on the charger (so possibly been serviced and had the extra wide belt put on)

would you say it is due for a service, like oil, air, fuel, and maybe supercharger being sent off too? (could vw service the charger?)

good service will never hurt ...but keep an eye on the coolant level as the headgasket might be going or a leak that needs fixing

as much as wel love these cars theyre not that fast compared to modern stuff

no vw will wont look at the charger , theres a guy on here that rebuilds them

Yeah sounds like it just needs some loving fella!

A good service will be a good start, probably end up with rebuilding most of the engine though just it's all fresh again.

Standard tune no they're not mega quick, mine was a little quicker than an ST170 focus for a base which I thinks about fair for a good running standard G60.

Supercharger will have a 12mm belt if been rebuilt, I do servicing on them as well as any other general parts for them :)