goodbuzzman1

Fuel rail problems. Leaking badly

so i pulled in to my driveway after a serious smell of petrol in the car. I got out and there was a serious cloud of burning fuel vapor coming from under the bonnet

Its a g60 by the way

I removed the isv pipes to get a better look and it looks like one of my injectors is leaking badly. i also noticed the whole fuel rail is sitting a bit too far back on the right hand side.

Im gonna try sort it in the morning but i need some advice.

Does the fuel rail & injectors simply pull out of the engine block after you remove the few bolts & pipes holding it in?

It is the right hand injector which is the culprit and it seems to be leaking at the top.

Ive never had to work on a fuel rail before so dont know too much about it. Is there some kind of seal at the top that might have perished?

cheers

pic of the culprit

elIDpUn.jpg

EDIT

so i took out the fuel rail and it looks like only one of the injectors was held in properly by its clip so i fixed the others. But what i noticed is that the 2 end ones seem to be missing the caps. i assume this isnt normal?? is it safe to run like this? Im pretty sure the caps didnt come off in the head

60DxGLz.jpg

Edited by goodbuzzman1