2.016V

Dodgy steering lock

Just to see if anyone has any advice or quick fix on this, whenever I try to get the steering lock off on my new corrado it's really temperamental and sometimes takes about 5mins to finally get it off, could it be the steering lock pin or something else? It has a horrible momo wheel and boss kit on if that might be affecting things? Any help would be great. Thanks

no, the steering lock is part of the ignition switch housing and released when the lock barrel rotates (sort of cam arrangement on the shaft of the lock which turns the ignition switch at the very end), they can stick and even fail altogether, usually though you end up with no lock at all.

most likely needs a new housing.

ah that's brilliant thanks mate, so the worst that could happen is just not having a steering lock? I will get a new ignition switch housing asap though just to be sure

Might as well get a new ignition switch if it's not been done

ah that's brilliant thanks mate, so the worst that could happen is just not having a steering lock? I will get a new ignition switch housing asap though just to be sure