CrazyDave

Corrado VR6 Turbo - £7k ono - SOLD

For Sale - Corrado VR6 Turbo - Registered May 1996

Built by Crazy Dave at home on the drive. 0-60.... 5 seconds... 12.1s quarter mile

Garrett GT 3076 R Ball Bearing Turbo

Custom Short Runner Manifold

Custom 3" exhaust downpipe and external waste gate mated to Jetex full stainless steel exhaust system.

PVR Charge cooler with 12" pre-rad mounted in front of main rad.

ARP Head bolts with custom stainless steel head spacer.

Helix Motorsport clutch and new genuine VW flywheel.

360cc Bosch Injectors.

Complete chain rebuild using all genuine VW parts.

Vibratechnics mounts all round. Firm but not harsh

All extra pipework is 316 stainless steel (i.e. the best!)

Remapped ecu to handle extra performance (by yours truly).

Recent refurbed Solitude wheels and 2 new tyres. Toyo Proxes T1R 225/55/15

Koni adjustable dampers and PI Springs.

Front and rear fully re-built in the last 10k miles. Track rods, rod ends, ball joints, roll bar drop links, top mounts, rear bushes.

Roof strips still in great condition (ie not been trimmed)

288mm EBC grooved and vented. MK IV front calipers. Stainless steel flex hoses all round. EBC Yellow stuff pads.

Standard Rears.

Interior is original. Grey Leather. Badged as a Storm inside and out but isn't, it's been like this from new. The dealer put them on!

New 90mm front spoiler. Nearly new 50mm included.

New genuine gear knob.

Momo Race steering wheel. Original wheel also included.

Glove box now contains. Electronic boost controller. Two modes - 0.5bar = 290hp, 0.8bar = ~350hp. Boost gauge and fuses for charge cooler fan and pump. iPod 30pin interface.

Pioneer bluetooth radio with handsfree. 2 x Philips amps in the boot with Pioneer OE fit speakers all round (no holes cut anywhere!)

MOT till May 2014. Tax till end March 2014.

Paint is pretty good, mostly original so some chips along the bonnet and front wings. TBH this is the only thing that lets the car down a little and was next on my list of things to do. Still really good though.

Lots of other spec stuff, so much I can't remember it all. File stuffed full of receipts. Turbo parts alone adds up to over £5000!

Mileage currently 94k. Car finished 4th in class 14 (VW Coupes) at Stanford Hall this year despite all the mods the car is original inside and out. It looses all its points under the bonnet for not being factory standard!

Oil and filter changed every 6000miles from initial ownership. VW Synta Gold, FSH before this. Essentially this car has wanted for nothing.

Lots of people know this car and have been out for a 'Pootle'. It's been described by many as such a good conversion that it drives like VW built it.

Lots and lots of spares and all the original parts removed for the conversion. Lots of now obsolete parts like, door rubber strips, wing mirrors seals, front screen seals and trim pieces, seat squab foams etc etc. Another set of solitudes (original from car). 2 x Doors, 2x working sunroofs, spare lights, mirrors and loads of trim. Basically if anybody gets close to the asking price the all the spares will come as part of the package.

Looking for offers in the region of £7k with everything.

I may consider coming lower without the parts package which is easily £1k on its own, but seeing as most of it is now obsolete........

Sensible offers only please. Any questions drop me a PM.

Edited by CrazyDave

I think it's also worth adding that engine work aside, cosmetically this car is superb. The paint is in brilliant condition the whole way round. To build a Corrado to this condition would cost you far more, so should be a no brainer for anyone consider going for a VR6 Turbo.

I've said it several times already, but its a real shame you're moving on Dave.

• Like 1