Hofmiester

Anyone know this Corrado in Paisley?

Yeah that is true Micheal it has been on/off all day down here glad I have a new daily coming soon not sure if all you guy's will like it

Well I whipped the driver's door card off there and this is what I found. Just under the drivers seat is very wet now too. Half an inch of water in the back. Would this have let that much water in??

That's at least part of the water problem for sure. I used to have an Mk2 and both membranes were torn from a bad speaker install.

It was enough to put an inch of water in the rear foot wells.

Took the CL pump out today to swap it with one I had from a 16v I'm breaking. Turns out they have different electrical connections. Opened them up to see if I could swap the internals but they wouldn't fit the way they're designed. Thought the pumps would have been the same! The grey one is the one I removed.

Well it finally stopped raining in Glasgow so I decided to tackle the drivers door membrane which I think had been letting water in. Not a nice job. Used Tiger seal and it got everywhere. Anyway it's done now just to wait for some more rain to see if its worked.

No idea. Ya, I was shocked when I woke up to see it hadn't been raining. Although it does mean I can go at a couple of other things.

I have seen a vr the same colour as this about too. Don't know if he's on here.

Edited by diarmaid16

Lifted the carpet as it was drowned. Removed the underlay and binned it. Smelled like something had died underneath it. Dried it out as best I could. Found a hole where the foot rest is screwed down. Not sure what to do with that? Luckily I can use the underlay and carpet from my breaker. some pics:

So I stripped out the drivers side carpet from my breaker to put in the corrado. Realised what I thought was a hole in the footwell was just a rusted braket for the footrest so can use a spare I have. Just need to fit the carpet now. Tinted my rear lights and hope to get them lacquered tomorrow.

Good work there mate, kind of still wish I was racing this one in the twintowns challenge :)

Although the 728i seems to be a lot dryer :)

Well she's back together and dry! Also changed plugs, oil and oil filter in the pouring rain. I really need to get rid of my breaker out of my shed!

I think the pictures are deceiving! Got another couple of hours at her today. Fitted the tinted rear lights. Didn't bother with lacquer as they looked ok and this is far from a show car.

Took off the 3 pieces of trim at the bottom of the windscreen and found a lot of crap underneath so cleaned all this out, gave the trim a wipe and refitted.

Also fitted a grille with black badges that I had from before. Just need to insure her now!

Car is up for sale on gumtree now as I'm taking up a job abroad. Will let it go cheaper to someone off here.

Edited by diarmaid16