ExR32

Flashing Temp/Water Light

Hi all,

Just today my temp light started to flash after driving for a couple minutes. The temp sensor works and it has water etc. Guessing its not from over heating as car was barely warm. Any ideas?

Thanks

It's not a temperature light, it's a coolant level light activated by coolant bridging the two pins sticking down into the expansion tank.

Check the level and top it up if low. If it's alright then the connector has probably gone bad.

Stone

Ah ok mate, thanks, will check the level tomorrow. Maybe I put too much coolant in it yesterday or not enough as I replaced the front flange yesterdsay and filled the level back up.

Thanks stonejag, not enough in bottle, cant believe I was so stupid but all good now, thanks mate!

No worries, I've been caught out by that before ;) It's not 100% obvious.

When you top it up after removing parts you can get quite large air bubbles into the system, you're supposed to bleed it all out by running the engine with the expansion tank cap removed until the reservoir boils over, then switch off, let it cool and add more coolant (to the max mark since it's hot). If you don't then the level drops dramatically when you first drive it and the light flashes :)

Stone