deamon90002004

lumpy g60

hey all, my g60 (111k miles on clock) is feeling abit lumpy on tick over and sits at 1k revs or just over all the time, when you accelerate it's fine (except once when i was going a tad quick and it started to bounce abit, but i think that was a one off from either road or engine as it hasn't happened since) pick up is like new, just tick over it feels abit tractory and you can hear it in the engine bay when you look under the bonnet, the car was stood from mid 2005 to mid/late 2013.

im thinking it could either be idle valve (which i don't know where it is) or air fuel mix and running abit richer than it should

earlier tonight i pulled over, got the bonnet up and had a look to see if i could see or hear a leak but couldn't, but when i revved it i could hear besides the exhaust rattling, a clicking coming from a little black round unit with about 3 or 4 pipes coming from it (fuel pressure regulator), and there is abit of noise coming from the inlet manifold too, possible replace it with this? http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=3240&ls=en&nc=1389471194-4168&rubnum=&artnum=2160014&file=6&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsuche--idle

Might be worth cleaning the ISV out, this is the unit on top of the rocker cover in front of the inlet manifold.

You might get ticking around the FPR as the injectors do tick.

Air/Fuel mix is adjusted by the CoPot on the boost pipe leading to the throttle valve, but I wouldn't advise messing too much if you're unsure. Sounds like it might just need a quick tune up.

Is it chipped?

as far as i know it's still factory engine wise possibly super wide belt conversion on the charger, but i hae no history on what work has been done on the supercharger, but i do for the rest of the car

(but i've enquired with dubforce tuning and jabba about having it put to stage 2 with their fitting and chip to suit)

just quickly what size is the standard pulley on a g60? 78/75mm?

Well Dubforce tuning chips are a lot better than Jabba that's for sure!

Standard pulley is 78mm. I'd also be a bit mad not to say take a look at our charger servicing too :D

for 650, iv'e been quoted stage 2 on the charger with fitting and a new oil feed pipe, a stage 2 tuning kit, which is 68mm pulley, smaller belt, chip and ev6 injectors

but have you got a link for your company?