ExR32

Re-Spray! Anything needed!

Hi all,

I'm looking to get my 91 G60 resprayed, back to its original colour. I want all seals removed, lights, etc, effectively so when I can get back, all is in order and no paint is anywhere where it shouldnt be! Any ideas whos best and ideas on issues? Im guessing window seals etc wont go back as they are now etc.

Ive not long done a full respray on mine and I removed window seals intact they went back in fine the only thing I did replace on the front screen is the push in rubber trim and rubber that joins your 2 plastic trims as it was about 7 quid off ebay. if you are going to take all the windows out get a company to do it as theyre bonded in and front screen can crack easily. Its up to them to replace it if they damage it. does the car need inside the door shuts and anywhere else painting?

Its all down to:

how careful you are removing stuff

how brittle that stuff is

how fussy you are with end result Vs budget.

some folks spe £k's some don't.

for starters id try to get:

number plate plinth

door scraper seals

sunroof seal as a minimum.

I got new screen, wheel refurb and loads of other stuff done at the same time.

I strongly recommended having screen removed to check for rot on your a pillars at prep stage, these cars often have hidden nasties. For all things glass I recommend autoplus windscreens, big rep on here after caring for a lot of corrados.

Hi guys, ok cool, thanks for advice.

I do want the best possible finish. Need a new bonnet as mine has the later one but I want the correct G60 type as prefer that look. So that will need painting unside also, I guess inside the doors as best as possible. The original colour is still visable inside the doors and fuel cap etc.