chris7380

Alloy Whell refurbishment - PPS Glassfiber Inverurie - Aberdeen

Folks,

As part of the ongoing overhaul of my mystic blue storm - I had the original BBS Solitudes refurbished by a company called PPS Glassfibre based in Inverurie - Aberdeen.

I decided to get the wheel powder coated in plain silver rather than the sparkle silver that everyone seems to be going for at the minute. Reason I opted for powder coating is it seems to be a bit longer lasting and harder wearing than painting the alloys.

I stupidly forgot to take any before pictures but have posted some pictures of the finished article below. Extremely pleased with the results and the wheels look very close to new in my opinion - really recommend these guys. Just have to decide what tyres to put on them now from the limited choice available in the correct size. Got my petrol tank tension straps done at the same time and they have also came up really well. £50 per wheel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76990[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76991[/ATTACH]

They look really well, i'm also be looking in to having my standard speedlines spruced up at some stage. Might go with the powder coating option. Pity no before and after pics, would have been good to compare

There was no dings or kerb marks but the original paint was bubbling very badly and there was a lot of external corrosion both on the face of the alloy but also on the inner rim - I was not expecting them to come out so well to be honest!! need to keep reminding myself to take photos of everything as I am repairing or overhauling each part of the car!