Hofmiester

Coolant expansion tank (vr6)

fitted the mk4 expansion tank, I had to tap the metal bracket where the bolt holes are slightly with a hammer for them to line up with the tank as the tank bolt centers are slightly wider then the corrados tank and then cut a small section of the drain out with a cutting disc {makes no difference in structural strength} for the tank to sit closer towards the strut,

replaced the cheap cap for a genuine one and that has sorted out the issues I had with the cheap one from B&B components , although there saying that you cannot test them the way I did and that they have never had a problem with them, funny how my old tank & cap and this genuine one doesn't allow lung pressure to pass through!!,

found out that theres some 3 pin plugs on the mk4 engine harness that can be used on the tank, you just don't use the middle pin, I had a spare engine harness so I just used that, bottom tank hose lines up fine but the top one needs a little fettling , makes a huge difference being able to see fresh clean coolant!! wouldn't mind replacing some of the coolant hose clamps to replace the rusted ones along with getting rid of the jubilee clips, ill get some pics soon ish,