happyeaster

help corrado coolant boiling

the fans in the car stopped blowing cool air then i noticed my temperature gauge strarting rising to boiling point. im not losing any coolant and its not turning the oil milky

im guessing head gasket but hoping not

i know your title says "coolant boiling" but then you say you noticed the temp gauge is rising to boiling point we need to know for sure is the coolant actually physically boiling away in the expansion tank? the cooling system is a pressurised sealed system , the fact that its pressurised allows coolant to get heated way above boiling point {100degrees C} and not boil, if its physically boiling away in the expansion tank then the cheapest option is to make sure the cap on the expansion tank is skrewed down properly if it is then replace it and go from there, if its not boiling then your engines probably just getting hot because your fans aren't working.

the fans in the car stopped blowing cool air

I think this needs more explanation.

Also where is the needle on the gauge?

Why are you thinking head gasket?

What's the motor?

sorry a little more info.

it is a corrado vr6. i use it pretty daily and it always gets up to coolant temperature to around 90-100 within 10minutes but on my drive to work it stayed at 70c and the fans kept blowing cold air, i got out checked the coolant one cold pipe one warm pipe so suspected i needed a new thermostat. then the coolant needle started rising 5minutes later way up to over 110 and coolant light started flashing. (this is on a steady road sitting at aroung 60-70mph)

i pulled over left the car for most of the day then went back to pick it up checked coolant still full and tried to take it home and within 10minutes the coolant light was flashing.

i have no been losing coolant slowly and still dont seem to be but its boiling. new water pump, coolant cap and thermostat before i go into the big job of head gasket

there is no 'mayo' on the oil cap which wouldnt lead me to head gasket. the main fans still come on around 100

Edited by happyeaster

If the radiators not getting hot then it's probably the thermostat. Just change that, there might be nothing wrong with the pump.