bully

HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!headlight switch cable fire repair

really looking for some help on this... if anyone has the parts.. can get the parts... as im now on the bus.. Please Help :(

car is located near high wycombe, even if anyone knows someone close by can give me some help fixing this also.. as i think its a bit beyond my skills... any help or advice welcomed.

i think i need to replace the following

headlight cable loom from switch to fusebox.

headlight loom from headlights to power source.

if anyone has done this please let me know as each day its costing me and may be forced to sell my pride and joy if i cant get this fixed..:(

have rung round everyone.. as soon as i mention fire.. they say its gonna be minimum of 100 quid.. to even see wots happened...

Tell a few porkys , tel them you have just had a few problems and you would like them to come take a look , i wouldnt expect my mechanic to charge me 100 quid if i said can you take a look at my car for an hour ! I would expect his standard hourly rate

If an auto electrician wont look at it drive it to a garage that is good with electrics and get them to take a look

If your worried about money then before you take it to them strip it down as far as you can do they dont wast your time having to strip the car for you

Im assuming you can still drive it ? Just not in the dark ??

They shouldnt charge you even if it needs to stay with them over night and there is hardly any parts onvolved just a bit of wiring so should only be a bit of labour

yeh its all stripped down..

what i wanna do is get these cables and talk to anyone who had this issue to see what happened how much damager to there car... i will give it a go myself if its only fitting a few wires.. but tracing the damage any further than fusebox is beyond me also need to get advice on preventing this from ever happeneing again

Have you found any damage on the loom from headlights to fuse board?

When mine burnt out it was only the wire from headlight switch to fuse board that got damaged.

hard to see.. will try get a proper look tonite...

has anyone had this issue with the uprated headlight loom?

i need to know if adding one will help the problem or will it make it worse... also this is th second switch ive put in.. where can i get a new one?