Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

broken charger oil feed/drain oops

while i was fiddling in the engine bay i managed to snap off the oil feed on the banjo bolt on the charger (when a bolt i was trying to undo decided to come loose after a lot of persuation and i hit the feed line with the back of my hand ouch :( )

the feed line seems quite tatty anyway and i was going replace the feed and drain soon but i need the c to get to the motorshow on friday :mad:

does anyone here know the dimensions of the pipes and the connectors as i am quite close to tweekys and can get all of the components quite cheap and use teflon lined braided hose instead of the normal ones

also do the pipes have to use banjo connectors or can i use angled connectors as i thought they would flow more freely and the pitstop ones use these for the drain

should be able to make both for about 20 squid 8)

how much from stealers :?:

Feed pipe is around 30 from the dealers. If you get to a scrappy you can use the banjo bolt off a K-jet car, VW/AUDI doesn't matter. Before you get a pipe made up I'd speak to Pitstop/GWerks, there might be something special about the type of pipe you need to know???

Gavin

i have been told that teflon lined steel braided is the best to use i just need to know the dimensions for the pipe and connectors really and if they need to be banjo bolts :roll:

really need to fix it before friday or i will have to go to the car show in the back of my mates seat arosa nooooooooooo :cry:

just called my local vw stealer they said it would take a week to get feed and drain tubes and would cost about 60 squid for both. uprated ones are cheaper than that from pitstop.

but i really need them before friday (forgot to mention it was a 1 litre arosa with 5 people going to the nec otherwise) so i am desperate!!!!!!!

Got OE VAG feed lines on te shelf and the fittings in componants to make up the pressure lines of our own in teflon hose, Will not have any oil drains in until next week as the thread into the block is a bizzare one and the fitting come from sweden.