jimbob126

g60 owner in scarborough

Hi all, I’ve had my aqua blue corrado g60 for afew years now, I live in scarborough, I originally bought it as a non-runner with a blown piston. Within days of purchasing the car I fitted a used replacement engine but after only 18 miles it had blown a piston! :-(

I then decided to rebuild the original engine with 83mm forged pistons and a g-werks rebuilt supercharger, it was slow progress rebuilding the engine as it was winter and I had other projects on the go. As it neared the summer of 2011 I decided it was time to get the car on the road so I spent most my evenings and weekends getting the car back on the road. My idea was to get it moted and then work on it as a rolling project, in hindsight I would not have rushed so much to get it running as I cut afew corners! Never the less I had the car back on the road during the summer of 2011, but the corners I had cut had an obvious effect on the running of the car. It was (is) down on power, its burning oil possibly due to the fact that I never replaced the valve guides (looking through some of the service history a garage had recommended to the previous own that the valve guides should be replaced!) and from the way the car drove I could tell that the car needed a more extensive rebuild, at the end of summer I lost interest in the project, since then it has sat on my driveway unloved and with the 1.9 forged engine great potential!

I have now decided its time to sort it out my list of thing to do are as follows;

*Take out engine rebuild head,recondition injectors, replace sensors and recondition the wiring

*Rebuild the front subframe with new bushes replace front wishbones along side some suspension upgrades

*Replace or respray bonnet, replace sunroof, replace carpets, fit new brakes all round

*Upgrades to include 4 branch manifold, front mounted intercooler, possibly some head work and an uprated cam,

cheers and wish me luck!

Sounds good mate. A run to scarsborough is a favourite of mine. Some family friends have a b&b over there. I look forward to the updates on your g60 :)

Good luck with rebuild. Scarbro' love the place. Always try to make a couple of visits during the summer.