sheppeydave

Corrado 16v head gasket replacement

In the process of changing my head gasket on my valver and just wondering would I be able to fit a multi head gasket and which one is best,and has anyone got any guides how to Time up the camshaft timing?

2L? if so, use a multi-layer metal gasket, it's the same part as a mk3 golf 16v, just make sure the head and block surfaces are thoroughly cleaned.

timing is easy as the intermediate shaft isn't involved as it only drives the oil pump

ensure the crank pulley mark aligns with the arrow on the plastic bottom belt cover/flywheel tdc mark aligns with bell housing mark ('V')

camshaft belt pulley has inner and outer marks that align with cam cover surface and cam cover outer arrow

cam gears should gave the 'O' marks facing each other and level with cam cover surface

turn over on the crank pulley bolt a few times after fitting belt and tensioning and re-check alignment marks and belt tension (about 90 deg twist of belt should be possible at front between cam pulley and intermediate shaft.