paulneale

immobiliser trouble

Ok so i have a 2l 16v m reg corrado. its fitted/was fitted before i hacked away at it :bonk: with a cobra 8150 immobilizer. having somehow lost the touch key i am unable to start it. so i logged on and found a few threads on how to remove the cobra immobilizer...and now the problems begin :scratch:here is where i shall try to explain as best i can so please be patient..... ihave managed to locate the ignition wire from the ignition barrel and paired it with what seems to be the other part of the ignition wire that is plugged into the fuse box. i think the location is H1/04.

i know have my dash lights back. :cheers: but please tell me if i have got this wrong.

so now i am left with a red and yellow wire that is attached to the wires that plug into G1 on the fuse box but the red and yellow wire is not actually plugged into the fuse box. i do not know where that goes....

i have a black wire coming out of G1/03 or 04. i also have no idea where this goes...other then when i touch this wire to a live feed the petrol pump makes a noise and the relay clicks....only problem is i think the noise is meant to stop after a few seconds but i guess as its attached to a live feed it just continues..

so the current status of the corrado is i can get her to start up but then she just dies.. please help. sorry if its not explained very well.

2014_02_19_12_10_52.jpg

2014_02_19_14_22_18.jpg

2014_02_20_10_33_09.jpg

2014_02_20_10_34_18.jpg

2014_02_20_10_34_41.jpg

2014_02_20_10_35_35.jpg

2014_02_20_10_35_47.jpg

2014_02_20_10_36_10.jpg

2014_02_20_10_36_21.jpg

wires.jpg

Edited by paulneale

ok so i am going down to the car today and i will attempt to unplug every connector from the fuse box and trace what i need to, i need to locate where that red and yellow wire that comes down the same set of wires that plugs into g1 is from. would really appreciate any help/advice at this point?

http://s25.postimg.org/41b7hevfz/wires.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/9bg68pfov/2014_02_19_12_10_52.jpg

Edited by paulneale

G1/3 is a red/yellow wire for the fuel pump relay power. That should be connected to the ecu(possibly pin12), but because you had the alarm installed that wire may have been "broken" by the alarm. What colour wire is pin12 on your ecu connector?

g1/4 (black) also connects to the ecu.

\Paddy

hi paddy. this is where i get a little confused. i have not been able to get to the ecu. had some problems removing the dash....i still have the red/yellow wire disconnected at the g.1 end. but it is still connected at the ecu end. the g1.4 black wire i did suspect that went back to the ecu but as i need the car for work this week i have attached it to the black wires coming of the black box under the dash near the steering column this black wire also traces to the ignition barrel, this has caused a few problems but the car starts and stays running, for example the fuel pump continues to prime instead of priming and then stopping. the digital clocks reset everytime i turn the ignition on and off.