Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

Pinking (Sorry I know it's an old topic)

andycowuk, Still pinking & it'll really driving me mad. The cars going in for a check over and if it's still pinking I'm off to Germany to get it done once and for all.

Here the final list:

1) Check Front * Rear Knock Sensor for damage.

a) Replace Knock sensors and tighten to 15Lb/ft IIRC.

2) Check wire from multiplug which the Knock sensor plugs into.

3) Make sure that you have the timing set to around 6deg BTDC on 1 with the blue temp sensor disconnected... (Can anyone please confirm this. I'm also aware this maybe different to what your setup is, am I correct?).

4) Check Fuel Pressure.

a) standard 3.0 bar (mine is adjustable and is set to 3.7 bar with stage 4 charger etc).

5) Check Blue switch is not damage and working correctly.

6) Change Fuel Filter.

7) Is the crank pulley woodruf key worn?

a) The crank pulley bolt comes loose and the woodruf key and slot gradually gets worn through the loading/unloading. It was showing correct timing on the flywheel, but where the crank pulely and woodruf key were so worn it was actually 11 degrees out. Worth checking as it can just let go, then there is serious damage!

We have no end of hastle with car that come in equipped with adjustable FPR's. The majority do not work under vacume conditions and the rate they control the fpressure of the fuel vs manifold presure is not linier.

Have you done a fuel pressure test. At 3.5bar you should be getting 35-38psi on idel. 65-70 psi at WOT and it not backing from the maximum displayed pressure as you increase to near the redline. There are quite a few fuel pumps giving up the ghoast of recent.

If you have a weak pump it does not matterwhat you set the max fuel pressure to on the FPR it will not reach it as the fuel pressure is beeen govenened by the weak pump.

Hi,

The FPR has been tested at 3.5, it was increased to 3.7 to see if it would make any difference (no it didn't). I not sure if it was getting the correct psi at idel & WOT. I will be changing the FPR to bosch 3.5 bar.

Not totally sure but I think the fuel pump has been checked out.

The car is going in for another check over I'm hoping to resolve it this time.

remove the fpr as these do not work properly on vaccum on FI engines..... we have proved this many times now ... also get a pressure gauge on the fuel rail as im guessing you are not getting enough pressure up there .