scarsofcarma

Hello from Nar in NorCal

Name: Nar (nickname)

Occupancy: Student (Auto Technology Major)

Schools: Los Medanos College, also Butte College

Hobbies: Driving, Wrenching, Racing, Design, Fabrication, Reading, Writing, Roadtrips

How'd you find the forum?: Google search

Pic of me:

0M24Cl1.png

About Me:

Hello all, my friends call me Nar. I just got my first Corrado (a 93 VR6), and I was hoping to learn more about them on this forum. I actually traded my most recent Mazda RX7 project for it. I've mostly owned japanese cars up till now (and one BMW), but my first car at the age of 18 was actually an 81 Scirroco 'S'.

I was a mechanic for several years, but now I am back in school at Los Medanos College to get a degree in automotive technology. I want to start a custom fabrication business.

My love for driving started on the backroads, and then progressed into auto-x and rally-x racing. For a little while I was a high performance driving instructor at Thunderhill, as well as a drifting coach. I was also pit crew for the Butte College Raceteam on a few of their racecars.

What I want to learn:

So this corrado of mine has a lot of miles on it, Over 199k, and I'm worried that it may need a rebuild. I started it this morning cold, for the first time since I bought it, and I noticed there was a mixture of oil and water being sprayed out of the tailpipe.

It doesn't want to overheat, but it seems sluggish and doggish at low revs, and it wants to backfire a lot.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated! Meanwhile, I'm going to start searching and trying to find a link to the FSM.

Welcome to the CF! :) should've stuck with the RX7 :lol:

You'll find loads of info on here and folks are really helpful. Try using the search as loads has been covered before. It's often more effective to use Google to search the Corrado Forum. Also try posting in the relevant areas e.g. Engine Bay.

Enjoy!

As you will know start with the basics. Get the plugs out and have a look at them. Check the leads, coilpack etc and give it some new fluids and filters. Check timing then see what its like.

Hardy motors these and there only a few things that can really upset them and they are pretty simple to work on.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have the right kind of skills and enthusiasm for taking on a Corrado :)

Had the pleasure of a couple of trips out to NorCal in the last couple of years and it's a beautiful part of the world. Been up and down the Cabrillo Highyway a couple of times and it's pretty tough to beat the views and the sunshine on a nice day!