Gareth192001

panel gaps

Hello guys I'm after some advice.

I have a 95 storm which I've had for about a year and a half loved every minute of owning her. I'm planning on spending some and money on making a very nice weekend/show car. I've come across a issue or maybe not the panel gaps both between the doors and the boot lid are on the large side. I know at some point it had a bump on the rear quarter but the problem is common on both sides. I've had a bit of a play with the hinges door strike etc but still remains same. What kinda gaps should i expect? Can anyone link any close up pictures

panel gaps are quite large compared to a modern car no laser alignment on these things when they were built, you should just be able to get the tips of your fingers in most gaps, only the small secion of the top of the front wings to the A pillar are closer, all the others should be about the same, probably easier if you take some pics and put them up.

Quite often i've put bits of the car back together and questioned gaps, especially the front end and some of the lower dash bits.

Yeah, you can shuffle the panels a little to get them closer. For example my passenger wing wasn't right when I bought the car. Stuck out proud from the surface of the door, and had a big gap by the bonnet and didnt even meet with the slam panel.

It had also rotted away at the bottom so I took it off expecting to see the chassis had a bump but no.....it was actually just a really badly fitted wing. The next one went on totally straight and looks fine.

Someone in the factory was having an off day