stevec14

Corrado Body trim refit?

Hi All

Looking to refit the black body bump trims on side of my corrado. Even though the shaved look is nice, i'm fed up of having to touch up bump marks along both sides of my ride.

Anyway has anyone done this before? And can recommend what tape make, and dimensions (width thickness etc) to use.

I know I'm going to need approx 15ft of tape(measured trims)

Thanks

Steve

The tape shown in the link below would be the normal choice. It's virtually impossible to put the bump strips in the wrong position as they naturally sit on the step in the door. Measure the flat part of the trim that sits against the door below the step and order the appropriate width of tape. Apply the tape to the back of the trim on the flat surface that you have measured, then simply position the trim and press it firmly against the door.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Super-Strong-Permanent-Double-Sided-Self-Adhesive-Foam-Car-Trim-Body-Tape-/250995195679?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&var=&hash=item3a707abf1f

Hi

That's just it I have measured the old double sided tape that is still on there and it comes in at 17mm? Can't seem to find any 17mm double sided tape for this purpose. Nearest i can find is 15mm. Should be ok, but would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if they used 15mm tape.

Steve

Fifteen will be perfectly OK. The bump strip are not load bearing in any way so there wont be a problem.