Tempest

Coventry Festival of Motoring, 23 and 24 August 2014

CCGB Club stand reserved for both days! To get your C onto the stand, let me know the following by 1/7/2014: Year of registration, registration number, and whether you would like to take part in the Coventry Run ( a 50-mile run through Coventry and surround Warwickshire, costs 22.00 to be paid by you, colelcted by me and forwarded to the organisers - last year those that attended this event did not take part in the run, but that doesn't need to be the same this year).

If planning on coming, get your name down in the CCGB events calendar :)

Other highlights this year:

Saturday night (23/8/2014) hog roast at 15.00 per person, (please let me know whether you would like to take part in this, so I can collect payment on your behalf)

Show&Shine competition, Sat 23/8/2014:

Free entry; Category for us: Sports cars 1980 onwards; only 6 cars will be admitted per category.Cash prizes will be awarded. "The judges will be looking to see who best can rise to the challenge of beautifully maintaining a car that they also enjoy regulalrly driving". Let me know whether you want to take part (vehicle year, your mobile telephone number), so i can complete the relevant form. Completed forms are to be returned by 25/7/2014

WheelSkills competition:

Ideally an inter-club event where 2 members from each club take part to do what: "Perform challenges designed to test how good they are at parking, reversing and precision manoeuvring, with points given for knocking over planks, hitting cones or dislodging tennis balls - the driver with the least points at the end of the day wins. There is no extra credit for speed or style - slow & steady will almost definitely win the race."

More info: http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk

Tempest

Bumpy for his rather nice event. Come on folks, usually a sunny bank holiday weekend, can't go wrong with at least one day of car-related fun. Get your name down on the CCGB events calendar :)

Tempest

Anyone else up for this one, before I send off the application forms?

Got 3 cars so far. Always a great show with lots of interesting cars, various brands, bit like the NEC Classic Car Show, only outdoor.

Rock up, rock up, it's FREE!

Tempest