Tempest

40 years Scirocco! On German TV even

Yes, Karmann's chief construction engineer was allowed to chat away on camera (3 hours in total, which was subsequently edited down to a 4 minutes-or-so feature on German national TV) about all sorts of things Scirocco to mark the Scirocco's 40th anniversary this year, all thanks to my mate Martin Sturm (who features a little bit later on in the video, and in who's Rocco Schwebe then turns the key off-camera saying the exhaust isn't loud enough!).

Best bit is Schwebe's comment about the new Scirocco: ¨It's not a sports car. it has 4 seats. A sports car has 2 seats, actually sports car owners usually drive all alone.¨ And that on TV! Legend!

See here:

Tempest

Yes, Karmann's chief construction engineer was allowed to chat away on camera (3 hours in total, which was subsequently edited down to a 4 minutes-or-so feature on German national TV) about all sorts of things Scirocco to mark the Scirocco's 40th anniversary this year, all thanks to my mate Martin Sturm (who features a little bit later on in the video, and in who's Rocco Schwebe then turns the key off-camera saying the exhaust isn't loud enough!).

Best bit is Schwebe's comment about the new Scirocco: ¨It's not a sports car. it has 4 seats. A sports car has 2 seats, actually sports car owners usually drive all alone.¨ And that on TV! Legend!

See here:

Tempest

Even though I have endless respect for Schwebe.. The Corrado has a perfectly usable 4 seats, and presumably the MK1 & MK2 Scirocco do too? So not quite sure I understand his point there!

Erm, no, ever tried to take a pew on the rear bench of a Rocco? Impossible! Rado has usable rear seats at expense of boot space (compared to Roccos). The new Scirocco has both, usuable rear seats and usable boot space, so not a real sports car. Yes, Schwebe should (and probably has, but due to time limits of feature, that may have been edited out) have pointed that out. :)

Tempest

I'm still not convinced by that argument :) I simply wouldn't accept that the the MK1, MK2, or Corrado are any more (or less) a sports car than the new Scirocco!