Sign in to follow this  
B17 G60

Newbie here, with my first corrado G60 problems, HELP??

Hi peeps, what away to join a forum with a problem lol.

Right basiclly i have just bought my corrdo g60, its registered 1991 so think its a j reg as it currently has a private plate fitted to it.

Any way just where the oil cap on the rocker cover is, just behind there i have a metal pipe whih is coming from behind the inlet manifold which bends and then points up towards the sky and has abit of hose on the end of the metal pipe, however currently it isn't connected to anything, i wanted to find out if anyone know where it plugs on to?

I've had a look about and theres no obvious places its popped off from, the metal pipe is just pointing up towards the sky and has a tiny bit of tubing on it, when the car runs currently it sounds like a tractor and all farty, lol. However when i block the pipe by putting my thumb there it sounds alot better and quitens the loud noise.

Does anyone know what problem i'm talking about? also theres a few other vaum pipes with small tubes floating around there attatching themselves to the suspension leg area of the chassis, has anyone got some pics so i can see exactly how its supposed to be piped up and if the piping has been put on the wrong way round or something by a previous owner.

And also my mfa computer don't work and my rear wiper arm is not working either, is there a relay for this or fuse? Anyone know where the relay box is located?

sorry to be a pain, but i asked everyone and know one seems to have a clue, and last my freind told me about this site so i thought i'd give it ago.

the car again is registered aug 1991, just incase the g60's come in different models or engine management systems or anything. Trying to get as much information as i can about the new car currently :D

cheers in advance

:(

yeah the pipe you are talking about is what the factory use for emissions apparently .. it needs to be blocked it should have a blue/green hard rubber cover on it ? if missing use somthing suitable to block it of remembering it gets very hot too..

right i'm gonna block it off with a pipe and a screw in the other end of the pipe. Does anyone know if its exhaust gases that come out of the pipe?

would it be possible to fit some sort of dump valve or something along those lines to make the charger seem abit more present other than howling?

cheers peeps :)

the charger will always howl, that's the joy of 'em! ;) :lol:

You can remove the boost return pipe and block off the inlet on the charger with a nice plate which will give you a mad dumping noise like some people here have done... Darren (G-Man above) sells the complete kit and it's very well made... 8)

The gasses that come out of that pipe you were on about ARE exhaust gasses, it connects directly into the exhaust manifold so that VAG can test the emissions as Darren says... 8)

IIRC the green rubber end isn't expensive from VW so it may just be worth getting a new one... ;) 8)

Check your fuse box for dead or mis-located fuses and loose relays.... occasionally the fuse box gets knocked and fuses and relays work loose... If you've done that, post back and someone here may know another reason that the MFA or rear wiper don't work... 8)

Oh, and Welcome to the Forum.... 8)

first of all thankyou to both of you peeps for a nice welcome and the help.

Right i've been outside and have put a screw in the pipe (as it has a black rubber pipe on it sticking up) screwed it into the black flexible tubing that was present, and have put a little jubille around that just to make sure it don't go flying out or anything.

does anyone know what the plugs should be gapped for on a standard g60 engine? i was going to pop down halfords in the afternoon an get some service bits, oil filter is coming from VW.

Where is the vin tag supposed to be located on the cars also?

cheers again :)

i'm trying to post a pic of the pipe i have blocked so if someone could just confirm thats the right thing that i've blocked please

yup, that's the correct pipe... it should be a kinda copper/brass colour and run along the rear of the exhaust manifold and into a hex connector into the manifold itself... 8)

Plugs for a G60 are pretty specific as they need to be platinum to take the heat/boost levels... they should be Bosch W6DPO and should be under £40 per set from the dealer... 8) They do last a looooonnnnnnggggg while though, so don't be too scared! ;) :lol:

The VIN number is stamped into the scuttle panel just above where that pipe you're asking about connects to the exhaust manifold. It's also on the sticker on the inside of the boot near to the VW badge on the rear panel and probably on a plate somewhere I can't remember 'cos I just got back from the pub :oops: ;) :lol:

plugs dont have to be plats. when i got my car it didn't have plats in and run fine. it made no difference when i put the proper ones in. Sam at SNS in nthe states uses cheap copper items and gaps them. tis all in the gapping.

plugs dont have to be plats. when i got my car it didn't have plats in and run fine. it made no difference when i put the proper ones in. Sam at SNS in nthe states uses cheap copper items and gaps them. tis all in the gapping.

Thats true, but its best to stick with the Plats since they a are a very good plug. they have a very small electrode tip which results in a stronger spark.

:D

You may want to go through this: http://www.snstuning.com/DIY/Tips/tips.htm

Hi Sunny, Welcome to the site mate! told you you'd get your questions answered here! :D