b20wht

confirmation please on some 20vt conversion parts

Hi guys, Im thinking of doing a 20vt conversion on my 1994 9a engine raddo and just need some confirmation on parts that I need from the donor car. I am planning on running the standard Leon management. I have found fairly local a low milage seat leon cupra with the 180bhp auq engine but he wants to much for the hole car so I need to get together a parts list for him. So far from my searches I have got...

Engine

Engine loom

all ancillaries attached to the engine

turbo

ecu

Maybe front pipe?

I have a merc sprinter intercooler so don't think I need the leon 1 right?

Anything else I need from the leon?

Will the standard gearbox on the raddo be ok with this set up?

Also just 1 other thing as I'm not 100% sure on is it still a straight forward conversion on the later 9a corrado's as it is with the kr's?

Thanks for any help on this guys

You'll need the downpipe and you'll have to modify it if you're not buying a custom one.

Are you getting the immobiliser deleted from the ecu? Are you keeping the corrado clocks?

Your gearbox will work. You can use your clutch and flywheel.

Yes I'm hoping to modify the downpipe for now to save me a few quid. I thought I would get the immobiliser deleted for ease (not sure on cost yet though) and I will 100% want to keep the corrado clocks as I'm not keen on clocks not fitting well.

Good news on the clutch though I thought it needed to be a vr6 1 or something more. Thanks

I'm just about to pick up a egu engine from a golf with loom and all the bits but no ecu, am I right in thinking that I can use any egu ecu?