Marcus2013

Hi, My first post! What suspension???

Hi everyone.My first post..

This week I bought a Corrado, a VR6- and I am just loving it!

I am a Mk1/2 Gti guy normally, but when the chance came to own a good unmolested VR6 I decided to give it a go.

Completely new to me I am astounded by the poise, balance and of course THAT engine...What a beautiful and amazing bit of kit this is!.

Though in good nick, the suspension just doesn't do its job anymore as its lost damping on a shock or two. I want to put a really good complete suspension setup on it (no coil-overs though)and am wondering if anyone can recommend their best make and type, and who they would buy it off. I don't want to go too low so just say 20-25? or would keep it near its original height?

Also are throttle cables available for VR6?

Thanks. Marcus.

Welcome Marcus I have recently purchased a Bilstein B12 Pro Kit to fit to mine and someone else who has recently is Somersetdub who has reported along with another forum member that it is a class kit. You could try the dealers for a throttle cable I think they are still available.

Another vote here for the Bilstein B12 Pro kit - I did see your post on the CCGB but didn't have a chance to post a reply!

Ian.

Another vote here for the Bilstein B12 Pro kit - I did see your post on the CCGB but didn't have a chance to post a reply!

Ian.

Thanks both of you-much appreciated!

I had been looking at these, and others and see there's two different B12 Pro kits. My car has 5 wheel studs so think the 46-190/091160 is the right one? there's another ending in 190093 which I think is for 4 studs-but i cannot understand German so may be misunderstanding it!

Marcus.

Ian.

I had been looking at these, and others and see there's two different B12 Pro kits. My car has 5 wheel studs so think the 46-190/091160 is the right one? there's another ending in 190093 which I think is for 4 studs-but i cannot understand German so may be misunderstanding it!

Marcus.

Oh and do you know the part no. for a throttle cable? Thanks.

Marcus.

Try here Marcus http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Bilstein&category=suspension&product=B12-Pro&make=VW&model=Corrado

Just tell the part's guy your registration and he will be able to take it from there.

Edited by clumpy1

I like the sound of some new suspension too, mines not a vr6 and it's 4stud wheels. Not sure I want to spend 650-700 on some plus I can't fit them myself, so I'd like suggestions... I was thinking about audi tt ones maybe, where someone has removed them for a lower. I must admit. I'm not the best at all this stuff. And the suspension is one of those things I get lost in.... I'd like to drop mine a touch and modernise the system as it's been hammered on local speed bumps..

Thanks in advance guys

Michael.

Elsecar today was great, big up to the two show cars and guys who got there's on the corrado owners side.

I like the sound of some new suspension too, mines not a vr6 and it's 4stud wheels. Not sure I want to spend 650-700 on some plus I can't fit them myself, so I'd like suggestions... I was thinking about audi tt ones maybe, where someone has removed them for a lower. I must admit. I'm not the best at all this stuff. And the suspension is one of those things I get lost in.... I'd like to drop mine a touch and modernise the system as it's been hammered on local speed bumps..

Thanks in advance guys

Michael.

Elsecar today was great, big up to the two show cars and guys who got there's on the corrado owners side.

Good to see you are back mate :thumbleft:

Well thank you very much for you well wish. Yes it is good.... I've not been well at all. So yes I'm back. That story us for another day ehh...

I must be one of the best for asking stuff as my knowledge is friken zero. I'm sure tho that my suspension has recently got worse. It seem much softer.. And car has more bounce. So I'm defiantly think of a solution. I'm just still unsure what to do. I've got money to chuck at it. Just can't decide if she's worth the amount on the link above, for a best replace it certainly looks good.

I would just like the corrado hub to give me some other options. Or if anyone's got some.... I too don't want it super low or coilovers...

Thanks again to all who help in advance..

Well thank you very much for you well wish. Yes it is good.... I've not been well at all. So yes I'm back. That story us for another day ehh...

I must be one of the best for asking stuff as my knowledge is friken zero. I'm sure tho that my suspension has recently got worse. It seem much softer.. And car has more bounce. So I'm defiantly think of a solution. I'm just still unsure what to do. I've got money to chuck at it. Just can't decide if she's worth the amount on the link above, for a best replace it certainly looks good.

I would just like the corrado hub to give me some other options. Or if anyone's got some.... I too don't want it super low or coilovers...

Thanks again to all who help in advance..

Just glad to see you are back mate I had been told of your issues and am glad to see you back mate I'll have a look at your post regarding suspension just now though A BIG WELCOME back you were on here 2 min's and organising allsort's all the north east guy's have top respect for you mate your a diamond. I'll check oot suspension for you the noo :thumbleft: