Thom

1995/M Corrado 2.0 16v, Classic Green For Sale in Eastbourne, £800ono

Hi, This is for a 1995 VW Corrado 2.0 16v in Classic Green Pearlescent.

Please take the time to read through the ad,..there's some good, some not so good, but I want it to be as clear and as honest an ad as possible as I don't want to waste your time or my own.

The car is in good all round condition, starts every time and drives very well. It's great fun on a twisty road with a nice low down driving position.

It has both tax and MOT until November 2014. All brakes are good and the car's had a recent clutch, cambelt , camcover gasket and gear linkage, all within the last 30,000 miles.

It has been fully serviced every year including oil/filter, air filter and spark plugs, with a new fuel filter every 2 years. It's also had a new fuel pump assembly fitted.

The car has a fairly high mileage, just coming up to 236,000. However most of these are motorway miles by a previous owner with a mega commute and the car drives as if it's done half this.

The paint is pretty good for the age of the car with no significant rust to mention. It has however had both doors repainted and while the colour is correct, the paint is flatter than the rest. This is only really obvious in direct sunlight, but you should be able to see what I mean in the pics, easily sorted though.

The car has a set of Wolfrace alloys which really suit the car and look great with a clean and polish. It also has a Jetex stainless steel back box which makes a nice sound without being over the top.

It has a remapped ECU chip installed, which improves the power delivery at low revs and smooths out the acceleration band. Fuel economy is unchanged with this, which incidentally is around 30-35 mpg depending on how you drive :-). I have the original chip too which will be included with the sale if you wanted to replace it.

The interior is in nice condition, it has the black cloth, which in my opinion is way nicer than the grey, only a small tear on the driver's seat and a little sagging of the cloth on the fronts. The rear bench is in practically new condition.

The ABS works properly, with the light coming on for a few seconds with the ignition and then going out (can be a problem on some Corrados)

There is a Blaupunkt Travelpilot head unit/antenna installed, which is an old school CD/radio/sat nav, which works well and all speakers are present. The disc for this unit is from 2003, so will want replacing if you intend to use the navigation :-) The stereo has no cage at present to secure it into the dash.

Electrics.......

Things that work:

Both electric windows

Both electric mirrors

Spoiler (both at speed and on the button)

Wipers

Sunroof Tilt

Things that don't work:

Sunroof Slide (common problem)

Passenger door lock (locks via central locking, but not from the handle itself)

Heater blower fan (I have tested with another fan motor and it came to life immediately, so it is definitely the blower unit itself. These can be bought for around £40 and fitting is a case of removing a piece of trim replacing...10 minute job before winter comes round again!)

The oil pressure warning indicator led comes on while driving. I've replaced both sensors and checked the pressure, which is fine. So have diagnosed this as a fault with the pressure control unit on the back of the clocks (another common fault). All it means is there is a blinking led on the dash, no more, no less.

It has the uprated headlight wiring loom for both dipped and main beam, which is great because now you can actually see where you are driving in the dark.

The heater matrix was replaced a couple of years ago as it was leaking. This one should be good for a few years at least.

It has a Laserline 920K Thatcham Immobiliser installed, with a dash mounted fob contact.

It has the original space saver spare wheel and jack in the boot.

Comes with 2 keys and 2 immobiliser fobs.

I'm asking £800 for the car, but am open to sensible offers.

I think that's it, any questions, please ask. I can be contacted on

07841 514 040 or PM me :-)

Thanks for looking, pics can be seen on my Gumtree ad here:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1995m-vw-volkswagen-corrado-20-16v-classic-green-pearlescent-6-months-mot-tax-nice-condition/1060223696

Thom :-)