wbx6dan

front bumper swap?

Evening all i have decided to try to fit an original bumper to my 91 and purchased one on here some time ago but have found out it is the wrong one the fog lamp has a ball which fits into a socket and the indicator (with a hole in it) clips in to the bumper as oppose to the fiberglass bumper i have has a black shroud that the fog/indicator light fit into which must be for the earlier bumper? or the later one? i dont suppose anyone fancies doing a swap ?

Dan the early bumper the fog/indicator are not in a housing sound's like you have a late bumper but ideally you want an early one if you are wanting to keep it looking correct.

Hi Clumpy its on and sorta fits there are gaps under the back edge of the wings though and well it also has swadge lines that turn up and look odd. If thats correct i need a late bumper instead of an early bumper (also have two sets of lights!) cheers Dan

:scratch: me too!

Right the fiberglass bumper had the lights with the plastic black pod to mount them in,

the red bumper should have separate lights (i have fitted the lights from the glass bumper poorly) which is the early one?

So i need a late one that the black bits fit into and then the rear edges will line up properly simples

thankyou for putting me right

isaacslastdayandcorradohlights006.jpg

filleighnothellelights018_zpsc4e86a73.jpg

The red one if it accepted the light's in the surround I would assume it is a late bumper the other being an Ottengir ( I know the spelling is rubbush bit I daint omw oen) :p same again but G60 Ottengeir's are early car's so to be honest I aint got a Baldy clue

like I said I am really confused!! I meant Nothelle just typed Ottebnger. Mate I have an early front bumper u can have for nowt but you are a little far away. I love u too matey :luvlove::fondle:

Edited by clumpy1

corrado-bumpers.png

If yours turns up at the ends it's an early bumper, which would be in keeping with the age of car.

the foglight should be a single unit with no 'extra' plastic and the indi pops in after..

early fog -

02.jpg

late fog -

154852_x600.jpg

on an early car, the fogs/indi's sit further back than on late [doesn't look as good, but less likely to stone chip!]

What does your rear look like - turned up swage or faded out?

I have a spare front & rear early bumper and possibly a late front, you're welcome to any of them and they're a little closer than James's! :lol:

I may also have early & late fogs/indi's, I can check for you if you need them..

evening Baron well thats fantastic! (you young boys and your computer skills) and all cleared up i need a late front bumper!

now when you say "i am welcome"

does that mean it comes free with some recaro seats? do you want another early front?

and are you going to the show next weekend? not sure if i still have your number

cheers Dan

No probs, if it's there, it's free. I'll pop to the garage tomorrow and check if I defo have a late one or if it's two earlies!

Are you talking about Bristol Volksfest? I'm not sure if I'll be there, will poss pop in on the Sunday.. worst case scenario my friend lives a couple of doors up from the site so I can drop the bumper there for you and you can talk all things T25 with him :lol:

I should still have your number so will text you or PM if I don't..

Thanks baron

Give me a bell when your in the garage i might be after a few bumper related bits :)

maybe catch up on sunday