Alex P

Spoiler Issues

I have a bit of a strange one here.. My spoiler hasn't worked since I owned the car, you could hear the motor trying to work when using the switch but kept melting fuses (I think the fusebox has had it anyway as it seems to enjoy melting random fuses but that's a task for another day). I gathered that the motor had probably seized and so that's why it doesn't work.

I used the manual override in the boot the other day and raised the spoiler to see if it was jammed but it seemed to go up smooth enough, which indicates that maybe the motor isn't seized, so I left it up. When I drove away the spoiler automatically went down again which surprised me as it has never worked by its self before but then it wont go back up again when reaching higher speeds..

When I use the switch to try and move it up manually it doesn't do anything any more either so I'm not sure what exactly could be the source of this problem?

I'm going to take the spoiler out and clean the mech up anyway as I am sure it would be beneficial but I'm now not entirely sure that it would sort this issue out.

Anyone have any ideas of what may be causing this?