Blounter

Crack pipe broken!!! HELP

Was refitting thermostat housing to cure coolant leak today and I broke the crack pipe where it feeds the oil cooler……..:bonk:!!! Crack pipe will not budge out of the water pump end though? Doesn't it just push in? I know it's easier with the slam panel and rad removed but thats proving difficult with all the screws on top of the headlamps rusted to s**t and won't budge……Any ideas before it goes into the breaking for parts section……..

If its the plastic one I pretty much snapped mine out in pieces. You get quite alot of rust holding it in. Try soaking the join in wd40 or plusgas is better.

When fitting a new one try and clean the hole up with a dremel or sandpaper.

Youll have to take front end off for access mate as when you get the crack pipe out you have to get all the rust out of the hole it came out of otherwise you will damage new o ring on new crack pipe

Good firm tug will bring it out but as jon says you need to have a good clean out of the block port

hurrrahhh…….got it out!!!! used the drain point to lever it and gave it some 'help' with hammer and bar near pump end to break the seal. Took headlamps off (pita!),fans (pita!),and grille for access. fan cowling is fubar tho. cheers for all advice