VW Jay

Fuel pump assembly parts?

Hi all

Quick question might be a a stupid one but on the fuel pump assembly on a 1.8 16v kr rado under the car

You have the fuel pump, surge tank, fuel filter? but there is a cylinder part which seats

Between or connected from the fuel pump and fuel filter does anyone know what this is? And if it goes wrong how could I tell?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Hello there,

yeah the item on the far left is the fuel pressure accumulator,

when they play up you'll normally have to turn the engine over quite a few times until it catches and starts,

which would mean the fuel pressure is dropping.

Or they can become very rusty after 18 to 20 years of being on the car, which can fail the MOT if they're really rusty,

and the same with the two fuel pipes.

New from VW Main Dealer they were about £120.00 back in 2012 / 2013,

and from VW Heritage they are about £169.00 but it's not in stock with them, but you can order it in.

You might also be able to find / order a new one off Ebay possibly,

I wouldn't fit a secondhand one as you don't really know what condition the inner diaphragm will be like,

it's always best to fit new where you can.

OEM part number is 431-133-441C (for K-Jetronic 1.8 16v)

OEM part number is V447-133-441 (for KE-Motronic 2.0 16v)

Hope this helps

Si

Hello there,

yeah the item on the far left is the fuel pressure accumulator,

when they play up you'll normally have to turn the engine over quite a few times until it catches and starts,

which would mean the fuel pressure is dropping.

Or they can become very rusty after 18 to 20 years of being on the car, which can fail the MOT if they're really rusty,

and the same with the two fuel pipes.

New from VW Main Dealer they were about £120.00 back in 2012 / 2013,

and from VW Heritage they are about £169.00 but it's not in stock with them, but you can order it in.

You might also be able to find / order a new one off Ebay possibly,

I wouldn't fit a secondhand one as you don't really know what condition the inner diaphragm will be like,

it's always best to fit new where you can.

OEM part number is 431-133-441C (for K-Jetronic 1.8 16v)

OEM part number is V447-133-441 (for KE-Motronic 2.0 16v)

Hope this helps

Si

Hi Si

Thank you for your help will definitely look for a new one, I do have this problem when I start the car it takes a few turns before starting,

could this also cause a problem during driving because once its started and I go to pull away it ok in 1st but shifting in to 2nd gear and pulling away seems to be a huge effort as in very low acceleration or slow build up, but feels like the car is being starved of fuel? When I drove it last it drove rough for about 10mins before cutting out (had quarter of a tank of fuel) and not starting. I left it for 5-10mins started then cut out and got to the point of not starting.

Since then Ive had a new pump due to it being noisey and new filter fitted but this didn't solve the problem.

Thanks

Jay