Jamie

Porsche Caliper question

I'm thinking of upgrading the TT calipers on my car to Porsche 4 pots but not sure which ones I need for 312/25mm discs out of 996.351.421/2, 996.351.425/6 or 996.351.429/30 - anyone on here running them able to point me in the right direction? I've tried googling and searched on here but can't get a definitive "these are the ones you need" answer.

Cheers :)

Cant help you on porsche brakes question - google will probably yeild results as i was looking similarly ages ago.

I went 4 pot brembo's from an alpha brera, 312 mk4 golf discs with 6mm spacers etc...

I contacted a guy on ebay who helped me with the setup.

Details are on my page if it helps..

Also worth noting, these brakes were a massive improvement and feel over the 288 brakes i had previously but it almost felt too good - almost as if i had no rear brakes as the fronts were so powerfull.

I went for the 288 euro brake setup on the rear and combined its now spot on - really good ballanced feel braking through the car great pedal feel and pull your face off stopping performance when you need..

Paul

Edited by winchbietch

Funny you went Alfa Paul - I was looking at them over the weekend as an option as well. I'm sure there's probably a few factory Brembo setups you could get to fit.

I got offered a set of TTRS calipers this morning but after talking to Creations Motorsport they would be an horrendous amount of work to get them to fit and wouldn't fit under my RHs. The guy from Creations couldn't have been more helpful and it looks like he may have sorted me out a full Porsche setup at a very decent price so fingers crossed.

I'll have a look at your thread though. Thanks for your reply mate - much appreciated :)

Ideal, the main selling point for me was getting them to fit behind my 16" schmidt wheels without spacers - i did have to champhur the top of the main cap bolts but fit is perfect..

Yeah I know what you mean - I've got 312mm now and they are really effective but like you say a bit unbalanced. Then again I've not driven a Corrado on standard brakes. Would like to do the rears as well but I'm having trouble finding somewhere over here that does the conversion and never did hear back from JMR. I meant to ask Creations if they done them so will ask when he calls me back in the morning.

Standard did the job and stopped well with the abs but with your foot down pushing on hard on b roads i boiled the brake fluid on a few occasions racing a mate in his 156 alfa.

288's stopped much better but the brake pedal feel never inspired too much confidence.

The brembo's with euro spec rears are just awesome.. Best mod ive done to date..