Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Advice about complaining on a product

I bought my self a set of coilovers last april, they got fitted and the car was off the road till september. spent all its time in the bodyshop till then.

Now i have worked out how many miles the cars done on them which is less than 2k (miles)

They have corroded and seized and i can't budge the height adjustment on them one bit.

Now i know that its probably pointles trying but wanna give it ago as i payed enough money for them.

If anyone can give me some pointers as to a good complaint email would be apprieated

cheers chris

Wanna sort out some new one out now, but i have liminted room to get to my top mounts.

Recomandations accepted on new set, those who seen my car and know about my ice. need something with a good pound of spring on rear.

MOst importantly something more relaible to seizing/corroding

What have you done to try and free them up? Have you taken them off and had a go?

If you can get them onto a bench and clean them with a wire brush you might be able to "persuade" them with some WD40 and some patience.

When I got my Koni set they supplied me with some lubricant (oeer missus!) to coat the coils but even with that they needed some of the above persuasion after a couple of years of use.

HTH

John

I can't get them off the car that easily

Access to top mounts is restricted.

Have tried all the things possible while on the car.

The thing is the cars only been on the road for 2 months max in the yr

I understand, but if you've driven it and got grit & water into the coils then it makes no difference if the car is being used, or if it's sitting in a garage - it will still seize up over time.

I agree that it seems a bit quick for them to seemingly lock up altogether, but your only option to free them up now is to take them off the car. Aside from anything else if they are on the car you just can't get the leverage onto the collars in the same way as if they are locked into a vice / workmate. Plus you reduce the risk that you'll slip and dent the wheel arches with your spanner (something I have done in the past while using a breaker bar to get suspension bolts off)

John