wbx6dan

Sorry Central locking again!! alarm removal conudrum

Evening all after several problems i had enough a decided to remove the "Seimens" alarm which was shall we say dubious.

Now after reconnecting the main starter feed the car starts on the button with no other obvious problems other than the central locking has stopped working.

The cenral locking was working on the fob and on the key so during the removal operation i have either cut a feed or an earth.

So i have a live at the fuse i have a live at the pump and when i check the red/black feed with a test light the pump stats so after sifting through 15 pages of faults on here and ysing the bently manual im struggling with the multiples of three pin connectors above the fuseboard.

How does the the system activate? i assume there is an earth return on switch activation which is controlled by the pump but as i have a live to the pump and a solitary live the solid (red) to the drivers actuator what am i missing ?

Should there be a smaller black wire joined to the starter wire? and if so what should that feed to?

Obviously i will persevere but hoped one of you might give me a pointer thanks Dan :scratch:

Hi Clumpy pipeworks all good its a wiring problem!

I am a feed short somewhere but without pin numbers and a multiplug legend its complicated for an idiot like me i can always run without the central locking if it comes to it!

Evening all and were back in the game! thanks stuartscales just what the doctor ordered!

1 x pipe n/s pillar disconnected (probably when i pulled the sensor out)

2 x broken wires 1 in either door the live feed splits(1 leg goes to the actuator and the other goes to the handle) they had both corroded and lost continuity from the 3 pin connector by the fuse board and the components!

so thats fantastic

unfortunately the o/s front indicator including the warning light has now stopped working bugger!

here we go again :bonk: