virtuoso23

**HELP*** CORRADO G60, What Part Is This??? Leaking??

I have a leak on my G60 Corrado, i can't quite figure out where it's coming from. I suspect it may be a coolant leak, as it doesn't smell like oil, and i have lost about half a litre in 3 weeks. On the right side of the engine block there is a 2 bolt plastic flange with a hose connected. I thought this may be the thermostat housing, and maybe it was weeping from there. I ordered a new one but it doesn't match. Can anyone confirm what this part is??

Here's a picture, it looks as if it's leaking around this area?

v4759l.jpg

And another

2mgow2s.jpg

that's the coolant outlet flange, they do break up internally and leak with age, sometimes the seal, sometimes the plastic. around there you also have an oil pressure sensor (blue wire to the top) and the cam cover gasket, both of which can leak oil, oil feed to the charger too I think (the banjo union and braided hose)

Edited by davidwort

Your charger oil feed line (the braided hose) doesn't look in great condition either and it looks like your cam cover needs a new gasket by the oil leak down the side of the head.

As said above already, oil feed line doesn't to cleaver and neither does the rocker cover gasket.

As for the coolant it doesn't seem like it leaking from there, also the thermostat is on the bottom of the water pump, so try looking down there.

You can get new oil feed and return lines from OCD they are about £76.00 each though and fiddley to fit around the supercharger but well worth doing as they degrade internally and starve the charger of oil which is never good. The coolant flange and rocker cover gasket can be brought from B&B Componants. I have recently replaced all of these myself, it only took a couple of hours. I hope this helps

Edited by Ninjasean2005