thesingh

US Spec Bumper

Hi all,

I just wanted advise on where to source a US Spec bumper? Whats every ones experience dealing with members on VW Vortex site?

Cheers

**Mods, - Sorry I placed this in the wrong section, can you put this thread in to the right section please

Edited by thesingh
Placed in the wrong section.

Night fur vr6 doesn't sound for me. Cheers though Jim. Also I dont need any more reasons to be spending money on my c :D

Was not excepting that to cost that much. I suspect after shipping and paint that cost almost £500.

Great website. Thanks Jim.

I considered trying to get some cut sides sent over from USA Mr Singh. but that would still mean work (that I cant do) to be done this end and so result in costs..... square 1.

I bought a bumper off vortex and got the guy to cut off the sides and trim down the centre to the numberplate area only.

Flogged the centre section to a mate wanting to smooth out the recess, which offset the (slightly stupid) cost of shipping. Then I had a shunt on the motorway and needed new paint to both bumpers, so persuaded the body shop to help out ;)

I reckon it came out pretty good...

corrado-sidemarkers.jpg

You don't need much of the bumper - I got both sides up the corner, but they cut out the recesses with about a half-inch margin before flushing them in so you could easily get away with way less. Don't recommend just cutting a hole in your bumper though, they really don't look good when they're proud of the surface...

Be aware you will need very bright bulbs if you go for the aftermarket smoked lenses like I did - regular ones don't really cut it and they're almost invisible in daylight. High-brightness LED ones are the answer :)

Stone

Edited by Stonejag