Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

I've broken my wing indicator bulb housing

I removed it today to check the wiring, and in the process, I broke a clip :x

Are the housings exactly the same as a mk2 golf, or a passat etc?

Certainly looks like the golf ones.

nah, they've all got the same part number so are all about £30 from the stealers.... :roll:

Get a set from Halfords in a different colour... they'll cost you about £15 and you can choose the colour! ;) :D

£30! :shock:

That's a guess, but it's probably not far off what they'll charge... :roll: ;) :lol:

i have loads of these if you want a set of std orange ones send me a sae envolope and ill send u a pair.. :-P

or alternativley

take it to a body shop, and get rid of them all together.

way forward i say... 8)

And also a way to invalidate your insurance and ensure that your car is not legal and may fail an MOT... :roll: :?

blah blah blah

:lol:

indicators are also available of many an audi and porsche too, might be a good idea to try a local scrappie :?:

just a thgt too..... if a mot tester didnt notice, or decides the car is fine without them, theres nuthin the insurance can do about it eh? i've heard about so many cars sailing thro with out them. also pointintg out euro rims with funny offsets will invalidate your insurance as stick outwith your arch thus making your insurance again, void.

Gotta point it out though Dubster... if you remove the side repeaters (or have tyre tread exposed outside of the wheel arches) your car isn't legal and is, in fact, in breach of your insurance policy.... :?

No 2 ways about that, if your insurance company gets arsey after an accident, and you have a mod which makes the car illegal, you can kiss your claim goodbye, your fault or not... :?

Good point about the other indicators, though, there's loads out there, in lots of different colours and shapes too... 8)

thats what im saying hENNY, if an MOT tester pass it, then thats the only proof an insurance company need :?: ie, they decide if its legal or not..

and i made the point about the rims cause there must be TONNES going about like that... and was ust a thought in the what if basis. twas a good point u made.

8)

The only thing is, the MOT means absolutely squat to an insurance assessor when they come out to look at your car after an accident... trust me on this one, they can worm their way out of any claim if there's ANYTHING that's not within the letter of the law, or your declared modifications... :?

end of the day, insurance companies are wankers anyway.

even though they paid me compensation when i was a passenger ina car crash, they didnt want to pay me in relation to my injuries. wankers, try and get off with everything :evil: