CorradoWannabe

R32 Corrado - Storm Spec - 13k miles - £3750

I'm listing my Corrado R32. Priced to sell at 3750 ono - selling due to expanding family and not having a garage to keep it in.

History

- I bought the car in 2005 and owned for 2 years as a VR6

- Car previously owned for many years by VW employee - 40k miles done per year - but serviced 4 times a year at VW - 100s of receipts

- Sold in 2007 with a mileage of 244K to Coupehaus who did the R32 upgrade as well as body work preparation and then had a professional full respray

- Car is badged up as a storm but I've found it has aftermarket air con and original number plate was 'M' reg - so storm replica

- Green with the beige leather interior

- I bought the car back again as an R32 in 2011 - had it remapped at Emerlad where it was measured at 256 BHP @ 131 mph with 229 lb/ft torque on a rolling road

- An incredible car to drive - selling to save money on owning and running two cars - reduced price due to paint problems detailed below

- More details of the car available at http://www.corrador32.co.uk

Mods as VR6

- Lowerred 40mm

- Adjustable AVO shocks front and back

- Lexus style rear lights

R32 Conversion

- Mk5 R32 engine transplant. (engine had only covered just over 9,000 miles when transplanted)

- Emerald K3 ECU

- Aeromotive adjustable FPR

- Dubpower polished 6 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold

- Milltek 2.5” stainless steel exhaust (de-cat)

- Modified R32 throttle body to run a cable

- New VR6 clutch

- Slimline 290mm pacet fan

Good Points

- Enthusiast owned for ages

- Tons of TLC as a VR6

- Only 12.5K miles on the R32 engine

- All the mods mentioned above - sounds unique

- MOT until 27.05.15

- Toyo Proxes T1Rs all round with good tread

- Re-mapped by Dave Walker at Emerald

- Cat 1 alarm added (fitted by Trim Wizard) with certificate

- Emerald ECU supports 3 different maps and (with an extra switch and some wiring) you can switch between maps on the fly. ECU software, manual and cables with USB adapter all included

Negative Points

- Paint issue - small bumps have appeared on several panels - main reason for low price. I've included some photos of this - and a diagram of which areas area affected.

- A patch of rust-related bubbling paint in one area

- Wiring loom is more tidy than when I bought the car but wiring could do with being tidied up

- Catalytic converter has been removed so MoT requies friendly garage

- FIXED:: On cold start engine needs reving for 30 seconds before settling to a nice idle

- Rear spoiler does rise automatically but does so in installments - both when driving and via the switch

- Sunroof tilts and slides but sometimes has to be closed in installments after slide

- Lack of detailing and tidiness in and around the engine bay - needs some TLC

- Throttle body is VR6 one modified to work with a cable - works fine but would be better with a replacement throttle body

- Air con not connected up after engine transplant

I've been as honest as possible in the description. Car is located in South London in the CR4 postcode.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by CorradoWannabe
Updated to a few points