maff

Vr6 coilovers

I've been looking at some lower end coilovers and ap have always caught my attention at £385 all in? Also just found some fk silverline at £460 also which have the stainless steel bodies which would last a bit longer, anything else I should b looking at for around £400?

Folks will always say spend as much as you can afford on coil overs - cheap ones can give an extremely crashy / hard ride! But if the primary objective of this exercise is to make the car look better (rather than focussing on the drive) then either will be fine, though I think on balance I'd go for the FK's personally.

If you can stretch a bit further the Bilstein B12 kit clumpy is selling would be worth a look - whilst they're not coil overs, they'll drop the car nicely and give a FAR better handling & ride than either of the coilover kits you've mentioned :)

Yep I agree on the bilstein setup, strangely the best strut combo for a classic impreza driven on road was the prodrive bilstein strut and eibach spring combo, and you can send the bilsteins back to the factory for a refurb:-)

Thing is my corrado is not a daily driver so I don't mind a hard ride for the weekend although this does goes against the all round ability of the corrado for me also:-/ The bilsteins looked a bit high in the ride height department for me in the pic he had up, and by no means do I want a stupid low car but for being able to control exactly where I want the car to sit height wise. Been there with struts and springs and been unhappy wtb ride heights

Folks will always say spend as much as you can afford on coil overs - cheap ones can give an extremely crashy / hard ride! But if the primary objective of this exercise is to make the car look better (rather than focussing on the drive) then either will be fine, though I think on balance I'd go for the FK's personally.

If you can stretch a bit further the Bilstein B12 kit clumpy is selling would be worth a look - whilst they're not coil overs, they'll drop the car nicely and give a FAR better handling & ride than either of the coilover kits you've mentioned :)

Thank's for that Jim very nice of you :salute: