Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Will my Corrado vr6 Konis fit a mk3 16v?

As above, im thinking of upgrading to coilovers and have a friend with a mk3 gti 16v that is keen to buy the current setup I have but will they fit? (Konis with Eibach springs, fronts are top adjustable, rears non adjustable damping but 3 position circlip.)

Im convinced the fronts will fit, though the springs may be a slightly harder rate than normal for the car but not sure on the rears. :?

Were the avos coilovers? I know koni list the same coilover kit for the 2 cars but they list different kits for the T/A's, I dunno what the difference would be though.

I did the other way round - golf mk3 16v koni coilovers on my corrado vr6, so they should fit no problem

When i did the transfer i checked with koni, the part no are the same,

check the website: http://www.koni.com/_cars/_suspension/afram.html

AFAIK the coil-overs will fit both the mk3 GTi/16v/VR's no problem and also fit the C VR with no problem....BUT 99.9% sure you need the specific koni T/A kit for the Golf and Vice/versa the C VR

Hmm, coilover kit part number is 1150-5002-1 for the golfs and corrado.

The other suspension kit they do is 1110-2019 for the golf but they dont list one for the corrado vr6.

Looking at the gs&f catalogue they list the same standard shocks for Golf3 gti/16v/vr6 corrado vr6, so right now im thinking they will fit. :?

Looking at the gs&f catalogue they list the same standard shocks for Golf3 gti/16v/vr6 corrado vr6, so right now im thinking they will fit. :?

they shocks will more than likely be identical.........tbh i reckon yer mate with the golf might be as well buying a new set of lowering springs specifically for his car and use them in conjnction with yer shocks

Probably, just found out though that the rear top mounts are also the same on the corrado and golf so I reckon my shocks and springs will go straight on, even if there not the ideal rate. Chances are we'll stick them on and see how it goes. :)

Probably, just found out though that the rear top mounts are also the same on the corrado and golf so I reckon my shocks and springs will go straight on, even if there not the ideal rate. Chances are we'll stick them on and see how it goes. :)

in fact hold the press!!............just remembered the koni t/a kit that grim sold martay with the golf VR was for a corrado VR :wink: .....now there was some minor work needed to get them to fit but fit they did! :wink:

Excellent, will need to find out now what the minor work is. :wink:

I can start thinking now about what coilovers to buy, 8) gonnae be a few months to save the cash though :( .

whos' MK3 is that G??

the pic i posted up?

its the guy i share a house with, his name is mark, known as retro-dub or albinodub on most of the forums.

its a really nice clean car