g0ldf1ng3r

Noisey heater blower

Exactly the same one I bought, fitted fine and works a treat!

Ian.

Thanks for your post Ian, very reassuring.

Was fitting not too difficult? ive a guide & it looks fairly simple

Piece of ****. Remove the passenger side under tray, disconnect the power connector (and then remove the resistor pack as you'll need to transfer that over) then reach round the back of the fan for the latch to undo it, twist and drop it out and insert the replacement. 15 minute job max.

Piece of ****. Remove the passenger side under tray, disconnect the power connector (and then remove the resistor pack as you'll need to transfer that over) then reach round the back of the fan for the latch to undo it, twist and drop it out and insert the replacement. 15 minute job max.

Jim you are a gentleman thank you - a job for the weekend then as it was howling when i was trying to clear the screen this morning

You are a life saver! Mines been annoying me for the last few months squeeling and groaning depending on speed!

I'm buying one of these next week.

You are a life saver! Mines been annoying me for the last few months squeeling and groaning depending on speed!

I'm buying one of these next week.

excellent, someone made use of the link :)

happy to help

update - ok, i fitted my blower on sat & TBH the timeliest part was trying to find the 'locating tab' which stops the motor from rotating out.

fortunately a quick look in the bentley manual & it showed the tab is at the rear & you just need to ease it down & then the motor rotates clockwise about 1/4 ish of a turn & drops out

once the motor is out you also need to unclip the metal front part which has the connector & thermal fuse behind it so as to reuse on the new blower

slip it back in place, connect up & no more whining motor when trying to see out the misted windows.....& it blows like a tornado compared to the old unit :D

I bought one of those a while back, the fan blades weren't pressed onto the shaft quite right and it rubbed on the surround when fitted, a bit of careful pressing and trial and error and I fixed it though and it ran great, just something to look out for. I did explain this to the seller and they did say they would check their other stock.

I bought one of those a while back, the fan blades weren't pressed onto the shaft quite right and it rubbed on the surround when fitted, a bit of careful pressing and trial and error and I fixed it though and it ran great, just something to look out for. I did explain this to the seller and they did say they would check their other stock.

thanks for the info davidwort. i will keep an ear out for any such kind of noise but all seems lovely jubbly so far