kevinbowe2000

Headlight switch not illuminating

I got a headlight switch (late model) off this forum a while back. Was told that it was from the group buy a while ago.

In the off position, ignition on, there is a red light on in the switch. When I put the switch to the on position, there is no illumination. If I remove the 10amp fuse from position 3 (instrument fuse), a green light turns on in the switch. Wondering if this has happened with anyone else?

Also the gauge illumination doesn't work :(

Guessing its a duff switch but just want to make sure before going thru all the hassle of finding another one. Took long enough to find this one.

I'm not 100% sure but I think they were made like this as it was one of the problem's with the original one's with them catching fire etc due to the heat.

Thanks guys.

Only found out about inline fuse thing when searching for answers to this issue. I'll be doing that next week.

Still a bit confused why the green illumination isn't working when I have the 10amp fuse in.

Saw about the issue with LEDs fitted to the clock, which I have. Anyone find a way to get this working? Would like to keep my red LEDs rather than go back to green bulbs.

Thanks guys.

Only found out about inline fuse thing when searching for answers to this issue. I'll be doing that next week.

Still a bit confused why the green illumination isn't working when I have the 10amp fuse in.

Saw about the issue with LEDs fitted to the clock, which I have. Anyone find a way to get this working? Would like to keep my red LEDs rather than go back to green bulbs.

That's Corrado electric's for you!!