Hairyarse

Standard rear light bulb holders + loom (outer only)

I've just bought some standard rear lights to replace the crystal ones (Cheers Goldie ;) ) However, I hadn't contemplated the fact that the crystal lights don't use the original bulb holders. You can see below the loom as it stands;

2014-09-13092803_zps993e3bcb.jpg

The lights attached to the tailgate retain the bulb holders so it's only for the outer two light clusters I need these for, so it's N/S and O/S outer bulb holders/backing plates plus at least 6 inches of loom plus connectors for each side.

Can anyone help me out??

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Sorry I can't help with both outer bulb holders but they are readily available on e-bay, if not on here. You may have more difficulty sourcing the loom and plug but they are not really necessary. If you check out the photo below, all will become clear. The plug on the loom goes into the bottom right area of the bulb holder and has four connectors in it. You will clearly see that the four connectors are marked on the rear of the bulb holder as BL,58,BR and 31. They are in the form of four male spades where the loom plugs in. You will also see a number of other male spades on the rear of the bulb holder marked in a similar fashion. If you crimp a female spade onto your existing wires and plug them onto the correct spade, everything will work.

The existing wiring colours are as below .........

Passenger side bulb holder .....

BL ........ Black/ white

58 ........ Grey/ black

BR ........ Black/ red

31 ........ Brown

Drivers side bulb holder .....

BL ........ Black/green

58 ........ Grey/ red

BR ........ Double black/ red

31 ........ Double brown

Hope this helps, shout if anything is unclear.

P9140001-1.jpg

That's brilliant, thanks so much Leon ;) I've found some on the bay and ordered so look forward to getting the standard lights back on!

Cheers again

Andy

Leon is a great help/guy and know's his stuff. The only spare spare's I had I sorted Robrado out with sorry I couldn't help you out but it looks like you are on your way anyway it's a great place this for help/advice. Keep your member's thread updated with progress and of course Pic's :thumbleft: