Brunty's Dad

N/S headlight advice please

Update following suicidal (successful) Scottish sheep:

Apart from the bonnet I lost the N/S headlight unit. Traced one from a breaker and fitted it within the week. S**t happens! Replacement unit shattered by a stone on M6 on the way home. (Really don't like that road south of Preston). I have the choice of a dozen or more offside units but very limited N/S. The reflectors are undamaged and I have been told that it is possible to replace just the lens? GSF list them but without delivery option. Out of stock within 100 miles of home - Mid Wales. Anyone know of a source? Second option. Can early model lights be adapted/fitted to late VR6.

As a last resort, are the American modern replacements legal in the UK? I also found units on ebay with French yellow reflectors. Can these be replaced by the undamaged parts in my light unit? I can afford to take my time as some strong clear adhesive tape will keep me legal. Any advice appreciated.

I don't what will happen in the future, seeing as they are glass and do break and no one seems to make them. Will we all have to use the angel eye versions :lol: hope not.