g0ldf1ng3r

To all the breakers out there - sill section required

I would like to ask for the help of any breakers out there or anyone who may have any repair panels.

My 95 VR has developed a hole in the drivers side sill just back from the front door line :(

Does anyone have a breaker with 'OK ish' sills from which they would be prepared to cut out a section for me please? I would estimate about 12"-18" inches at a guess.

I am currently assessing my options for repairing said hole & would appreciate any help.

FYI i have checked repair panel stock in UK, zero, & with help of lovely forum members here i know there are sections available from classic part in germany but god damn they are expensive & im yet to contact anna at heritage to ask if they can source any

thanks in advance

Andy

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I know i replied via Pm but in response to your reply i think fabrication could be the way ahead. Fresh metal is always better no matter how good a second hand part may look..

Worth making a batch of them?

I know i replied via Pm but in response to your reply i think fabrication could be the way ahead. Fresh metal is always better no matter how good a second hand part may look..

Worth making a batch of them?

Thanks goldie - i did appreciate your PM & advise was taken.

Im am of a similar mindset m8 but thought worth persevering just in case as even if the section is not very health it may assist with making the fabrication easier as it could be a template for the general form of it.

like you say, if done with fresh metal it takes the ambiguity out of it all

good point about the 'batch' too - i think i will speak with my friend who restores camper vans as maybe we could do a small run of close to pattern sections

Good thinking on getting one (regardless of condition) for a template. Surely if your search is broadened to 'condition not so important' you should get what you need..

As with anything Corrado, if its broken/falling off/rotten on one then it will be on many others.. Batch production is what will keep these cars alive and slightly affordable..

Good thinking on getting one (regardless of condition) for a template. Surely if your search is broadened to 'condition not so important' you should get what you need..

As with anything Corrado, if its broken/falling off/rotten on one then it will be on many others.. Batch production is what will keep these cars alive and slightly affordable..

good idea m8 - i have edited my original wanted post to say 'ok ish' condition sills & removed the no rot etc

think i will have a ring round some scrappies on the weekend & maybe even volksmagic in birmingham to see if anyone has any shells

lilfuzzer has replied to a PM to say he may be able to help in the near future but he isnt sure when he is going to break the blackberry he has

the search continues

no longer require - im going via the fabrication route so i know its healthy metal replacing it

thanks to all