Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

back in business :-))

Fired up my 6A based engine last night, all bar one vacuum pipe unconnected and it ran perfect first time, god that was a relief, I must have cranked it over at least 8 times by hand before I was convinced I'd got the engine timing right :)

Anyhow what do people reckon on running in?, the heads been stripped too but the old guides were fine.

Biggest grin on my face for months when I took it out for a few gentle miles this morning :D

David.

Nice one David, I no its been a long wait, you'll have to pop over sometime matey :D

what sort of power it kicking out now do you think?

i was told that you should go pretty easy on the engine for the first 1000 miles. oil change as soon as you get it running, oil change at 500, and another oil change at 1000. congrats on getting your car back! i should be getting mine back today, tomorrow, or when i get back from greece/italy at the end of the month. its been a year and 4 months since i last drove my corrado! congrats again!

nice one, your a few months ahead of me - just need the 2.0 bottom end now :D

black out 16v ur right but u dont have to go that nuts unless uve done alot of work to the engine like i did and tolorence is small but its down to the individual once u notice it runs alot smoother go for it

also yeah forgot about the oil change do it u dont want crap floating about :(

and i forgot to say well done David :)

Get those miles under your belt David, and you can make it to the forum Stealth Racing session next month and see what your new engine is putting out :)

Fired up my 6A based engine last night, all bar one vacuum pipe unconnected and it ran perfect first time, god that was a relief, I must have cranked it over at least 8 times by hand before I was convinced I'd got the engine timing right :)

Anyhow what do people reckon on running in?, the heads been stripped too but the old guides were fine.

Biggest grin on my face for months when I took it out for a few gentle miles this morning :D

David.

What car is the 6A from? :? Is that the Audi 2.0 16v?

Get those miles under your belt David, and you can make it to the forum Stealth Racing session next month and see what your new engine is putting out :)

Yeah, I'd like to, but providing it's got the miles on it I would like Stealth to tune it up properly on the rollers so I might book it in with them. My old KR based 2L delivered about 168bhp on stealths rollers, on two separate occasions and 169 on AMD's so I'd hope that it matches that (or the torque curve is pretty good) as It's basically the same capacity.

Of course as I got my documents out this morning to go and tax it I found the MOT is out of date by a couple of weeks :( ...typical! - would have had trouble getting it through an MOT as a Fliintstones car though (wasn't a great deal in the engine bay till last weekend :) )

David.