Almost1

Ruubber squeak sound from front wheel

Hello all,

A while back I pulled the trans on my VR to do the timing chains, and when everything was all said and done, I noticed a squeak coming from my drivers side front wheel. The noise is mostly prevalent at low speeds and I can describe it most accurately as the squeak that comes from a rubber dog toy when your dog is chewing on it. It definitely seems rotation related because it makes the noise pattern consistently when driving at a constant speed. I needed to do my inner CV joints, so when I was replacing them I inspected the boots on the outer joints to make sure it wasn't them and they looked perfect. I'm at a loss as to what else could make a sound like that.

I had this on my last Corrado some years back after fitting cheap wheel bearings. Swapped them for proper VW ones and the noise went away though I can't say for certain it was the bearings and just the process of removing and refitting everything just eliminated the squeak!

Well I'm going to have to do that anyway. There is a god awful vibration when I turn right after the new inner joints

It ended up being the wheel bearing. I'm still not sure why the noise came out after all that work, but after I replaced it the noise went away