Sign in to follow this  
karmannG60

How much boost?

I'm running with 1 BAR= 14.5 PSI @ 6000 RPM and i'm wondering how much boost the PG engine can take before something goes wrong, i'm only 2.9 psi from doubling the pressure the engine was meant to handle.... Any of you who pushes over 1 Bar without any trouble?

-Chris

i believe that there is a limiter in the ecu that stops the engine taking more than 1 bar boost.

but don't quote me. not sure what needs to changed to allow higher boost. someone will probably correct me tho!! :oops:

and what do you do to set it up to handle more? say... 1.25 or 1.5bar? :twisted:

o2 sensor i think,fuel regulator chip and a few other things which i cant think of.

and what do you do to set it up to handle more? say... 1.25 or 1.5bar? :twisted:

You get a chip which provides the engine a continued map based on boost/rpm so that the engine continues to make power after the pressure sensor reaches its limit. 8)

You do also need to get bigger injectors to cope with boost over 1.1 bar as the standards can't cope. I run 15psi all the time without any probs on my 30lb injectors. :D

Ok i might have a problem related to the injectors or at least the fuel system. this is what happens, i can empty 1st gear without problems (at least not noticable) Then it starts to act strange, when i get up to 4200 rpms on 2nd gear it feels like im stepping of the gas pedal, there is almost no push at all, it comes back around 5200, same problem with 3rd and when emtying it, i reach the 4200 mark in 4th gear and the car wont go anywhere!!!! speed stops at 140kmh and the rpm at 4200 even tho i push the "pedal to the metal"

any ideas guys? just hope its not the knock sensor :?

Check the basics; check the vac lines especially the one which goes to ecu. Check your grounds, check the spark plugs.

What plugs are you using?

What mods?

Well the plugs are fittet there by the VW guys during last service (under a year ago), so i don't know what they are....

Mods are 68 mm pulley, chip to go with it, dont know the manufactor, probably SNS since the charger was sent to them for rebuild couple of years ago. Green filter open air.

Forgot to mention that there is no boost loss during acceleration....

SNS?? we dont rebuild chargers!! Perhaps you mean SLS in Germany?? :D

Take out your spark plugs and have a look at their condition, also check that they are the correct ones!

Checked the vac lines etc?

hehe yeah SLS in germany, thats the one :D spark plugs looks fairly ok, might be time for change soon, alltho ive been driving with worser looking ones....

I tried to get a diagnose from the MFA, today can you do it while you are parked, or do you have to drive it, for it to display the errors?

I get this code on the mfa stage 2 when standing still 9413, cant find anything on the net on that code......

I have the same reading in my 90 G60! What does it mean? I do have a vacuum reading of 2800 in 3rd gear almost reaching the redline! Is it possible? I bought this car just a month ago... And it is not tunned (i think) Is this a god meaning?