Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Wheel Bearings

I had a dull rubbing/ droning sound which correlates with speed, tho after changing left front noise is still there but bit quieter - will change other one too. Just hope not drive shaft bearings :(

To test - jack up suspect wheel, put in high gear and rev to get wheel turning to about 4/500 revs - you'll be sure to hear it :!:

Hmm, maybe thats not my prob then. I get really loud squeeking from my front right wheel (but not all the time). It goes away when i touch the brakes, so maybe its a caliper or something. Come to think of it if i roll slowly and listen with the window open i can hear a ch ch ch ch sound as if something is rubbing at one point in the wheel rotation....

long shot, but have you checked no stone lodged between disc guard - had that one before....

Your pads/ discs new? I had intermittent rubbing/ squeal last year which was solved with simple copper grease on BACK of pads :!:

Hmm, ill have to get the wheel off and check around the caliper at the weekend. Discs and pads arent too old. Im getting the feeling its not a wheel bearing as theres certainly no 'drone' noise...