Jim Bowen

VR 6 Branch Manifolds

Can't see to find any for sale, only the supersprint one and that nearly £700. There are some stainless ones on ebay for under £200 but doesn't say what make they are. I can't seem to find these raceland ones anymore.

There is an Ashley exhausts one on ebay, but doesn't fit OEM cat.

I think the eBay ones are just a generic Chinese 6 branch but from what I've been told for the money they're not bad just need a bit of fettling to get them on

Nah, my original manifolds are a bit corroded on the mating faces, i've been trying to get them smooth and flat again but losing hope, my downpipe has done 220,000miles so am sure that won't last forever, thought i may as well look into a 6 branch while engine is out etc.

Could you not get the mating faces on them skimmed at a machine shop?

I have thought about that, but the ends that mate to the downpipe have studs in them, not sure how they come out, and then still leaves me worrying about the downpipe.

Would also hope a 6 branch might help up the power a little as my new engine is a 2.8.

i too was looking around 6 branch mannis recently and read plenty about them..... ive picked up that the std VR mannis are tough to beat fow wise :)

In the end ive gone for a VRT conversion...... its always an option :lol:

i too was looking around 6 branch mannis recently and read plenty about them..... ive picked up that the std VR mannis are tough to beat fow wise :)

Pretty much came to the same conclusion. That and a few people have said you lose a bit of the VR rumble and I'm not having that :lol: